Turning the big 40 made me pause and reflect on life. The years pass by quickly, memories are created and many new dreams are being pursued!
Here are 40 life lessons I've learned:
1. Stay curious.
2. Move your body.
3. Ask others for help.
4. Don’t hold grudges.
5. Forgive and forget, often.
6. Life first, business second.
7. Consider business as a game.
8. Define what success looks like to you.
9. It’s not what you get, but who you become.
10. Do things that fill your heart with love and joy.
11. Building a life with intention starts with gratitude.
12. Growth happens on the edge of your comfort zone.
13. Passion is created, not something you are born with.
14. Fight for the most important relationships in your life.
15. Guard what you consume both mentally and physically.
16. Your kids watch what you do more than listen to what you say.
17. When one door closes, look for the new unexpected opportunity.
18. Treat your body like a power plant. Find ways to generate more energy.
19. Building powerful routines and replacing poor habits does not happen overnight.
20. Parents do the best they can with the tools they have. Be grateful for all they did for you.
21. Visit with people older and younger than you as both offer different perspectives.
22. When life knocks you down, don’t be afraid to pick yourself back up.
23. Be content with what you have while in pursuit of what you want.
24. Find the strengths from your upbringing and leverage them.
25. Challenges are certain. It’s how you respond that matters.
26. Making memories with family and friends is rewarding.
27. Make time for the important things and people in life.
28. Contribution to others is vital to sustained fulfilment.
29. Rewards come to those willing to go the extra mile.
30. Don’t let your past define your present and future.
31. Money comes and goes. Don’t forget to live.
32. Success leaves clues. Stay open and aware.
33. Don’t let others tell you it can’t be done.
34. Help others create more love and joy.
35. Life is short. Don’t forget to have fun!
36. Travel gives you fresh perspective.
37. Give your all to everything you do.
38. Have faith you will prevail.
39. Spend time outdoors.
40. Chase your dreams.
My mantra for the next year – Fit at Forty!
What resonated the most with you and what is your biggest life lesson in five words or
May 17, 2023 in General and tagged growth, passionandpurpose, success. Bookmark the permalink.